Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
The City of Elk River is now Yellow Ribbon Certified by the State!
What is Beyond the Yellow Ribbon?
Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is a comprehensive program that creates awareness for the purpose of connecting service members and their families with community support, training, services and resources by:
- Creating awareness through the Yellow Ribbon Community Campaign and synchronizing sustainable community support networks.
- Connecting and coordinating organizations, agencies and companies to provide resources and support to service members and their families.
- Delivering a series of formal Yellow Ribbon Training events to service members and their families before, during and after deployment.
- Providing an opportunity for Minnesotans to support service members and their families.
Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is united to bring service members all the way home.
What is a Yellow Ribbon Community?
Elk River is now recognized as a Yellow Ribbon Community by the state. A Yellow Ribbon Community unites all areas within a community to create a comprehensive network that connects and coordinates agencies, organizations, resources and employers for the purpose of proactively supporting service members and military families.
Why become a Yellow Ribbon Community?
Since 9/11, thousands of Minnesotans have served our country. By developing a Yellow Ribbon Network, communities unite to honor and embrace those affected by military deployments. The outward showing of support enables successful transition all the way home. The community’s effort transcends the military to any group in need and builds a stronger, more compassionate community.
Find out how you can connect with a Yellow Ribbon Network near you by contacting the following local resources:
- Family Assistance Center
- Military and Oversees Voting Information
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon National Website